Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Missionary Heart

 This was written by a young woman who was murdered in Iraq as she served as a missionary.  I pray that I too can serve the Lord with such abandon.

Dear Pastor,
 
You should only be opening this letter in the event of my death.
When God calls there are no regrets. I tried to share my heart with you as much as possible,
my heart for the nations. I wasn’t called to a place; I was called to Him. To obey was my objective,
to suffer was expected, His glory my reward, His glory my reward…
 
The missionary heart:
Cares more than some think is wise
Risks more than some think is safe
Dreams more than some think is practical
Expects more than some think is possible
I was called not to comfort or to success, but to obedience…
There is no joy outside of knowing Jesus and serving Him.
I love you and my church family.
In His care,
Salaam, Karen

No comments: