Thursday, December 15, 2011

How to Pray for Missionaries by David Wang

“Don’t come, please. At least, not yet,” I said to the prospective missionary family. So critical is intercessory prayer to the success of missionaries on foreign fields. I recently asked this young family to mobilize 20 people to pray for them, even before they applied to join Asian Outreach as missionaries.

The couple were initially surprised at my insistence on this condition. But as I explained my reasons for doing so, I could sense that they were beginning to see their need for prayer warriors. Just the week before I had met with them, we learned of a missionary family being kidnapped in the region they were wanting to go to.

This was not an isolated incident. Almost on a yearly basis, missionaries are being captured, kidnapped or even killed in that part of the world. And here I had this beautiful, enthusiastic family preparing to go to the same area to serve their Lord and His people.

Invading Enemy Territory

The battle we face is a spiritual conflict. It must be fought and won by men and women of God who are willing to intercede for missionary families as they invade enemy territory held uncontested for centuries. Satan does not meekly give up his prey. He counterattacks fiercely in many unexpected ways. The missionary must have intercessors who stand alongside, praying on a regular and systematic basis...

Read Full Article

No comments: