Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Not yet as good as Grandma!

One of my goals in life is to learn to make pies as good as my Grandma. You haven't really "experienced" pie until you have tasted hers! Being the sweet Grandma that she is, she sent me some of the necessary items for pie baking all the way to Guatemala. We had a few mishaps along the way (only in Guate is 1/2 tsp of cinnamon confused with 1/2 cup!). All in all I would say, for my first attempt alone, it was decent. I am not ready to give up yet. The good news is that people ate it...even a second piece! :)
Here are the results...

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Hey Mel! The pie looks good - you know I would have eaten it. Of course, I'll eat pretty much anything, so that's probably not the best compliment. But consider it a compliment nonetheless. I never got that Christmas card back in the mail, so I don't know if you got it, or if it's floating around in magical mail land. Oh well. Things got pretty busy around the holidays and haven't really slowed down. I hope everything's going well for you down there... Keep in touch and God bless!