Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Good times, Great girls!

I had the opportunity to have the four young ladies in the independence program of Kids Alive Guatemala to my house for the first time. It was a blast spending time with them just goofing off and having fun. We spent some time walking around Antigua since they haven't had much opportunity to spend time there and enjoyed the beautiful lights in the park...with some coffee in hand of course!
Carmelina, Roxy, Sara & Norma

Then we got some pizza and headed to our house and watched a couple of girlie movies :)
It was such a blessing to continue building on my relationships with these girls and share my home with them. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to invest in their lives and covet your prayers for them as they prepare to live life on their own in Guatemala. Pray that they will not only develop the confidence and skills needed to survive, but that they will be strong women of God, firmly planted in His word that they may go on to be useful instruments for the Kingdom!
Becky (Intern), Sara, Norma & Diana (my roommate)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Melanie soy Daniela Shupe estoy feliz de saber que la estas pasando bien con tus amigos en Giuatemala disfruta mucho este tiempo y espero verte pronto!